Thursday, December 5, 2013

Let's get started!

Hello,

I've never blogged before, but there are so many ebooks out there that I just felt I had to put in my 2 cents worth!  Often, some books on the commercial purchasing sites have so many reviews that I feel I'm merely repeating what others have said.  Other times, I would really like to reveal details about the story, but don't want to spoil it for other readers.  So, here is my disclosure - there will probably be spoilers in my reviews!

I always thought that the best way for me to absorb a story was to hold a physical book.  However, earlier this year, my wonderful husband bought me an e-reader.  I'm now a convert to using an e-reader.  

Why the conversion?   First, I can have a multitude of books without the need to move to a new house to store my collection!  Next, I don't have to worry about hiding a book whose cover may be a bit risque for my child to see.  Finally, being in the over-40 age bracket, I've had to add bifocals to my glasses prescription.  Being able to enlarge the font as needed is a blessing!  I was trying to read a physical copy of a book over the summer and struggled to be able to read it properly.  I decided to invest in the e-book copy (as I'd borrowed the original from a friend and was enjoying the story), and my reading pleasure increased by leaps and bounds.

So, on with the blog.  I will warn you that most of the books I've been reading lately are romances, erotic romances.  So, yes, these are stories that are only suitable for 18+ readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment